There is limited space on the bus. All families are encouraged to join a carpool.
Policies and Procedures for Families of Campers Taking the Bus to Camp
- As a convenience for our families, Camp Haverim offers bus service to and from camp each day. The fee for the bus service is $100 per camper per two-week session. It must be selected and paid for when registering.
- The camp will pick up and drop off campers at two locations:
- Goleta: The bus will pick up and drop off campers at the parking lot of San Marcos High School, off of Turnpike at the stop light. The bus will leave that location at 8:10 am each morning and drop campers off at the same location at 3:45 pm each afternoon. These times can vary with traffic conditions.
- Santa Barbara: The bus picks up and drops off campers at the Jewish Federation’s Bronfman Family Jewish Community Center, 524 Chapala St Santa Barbara, CA 93101. (The bus will park at the back entrance of the building on the Fig Ave). The bus leaves that location at 8:30 am each morning and drop campers off at the same location at 3:30 pm each afternoon. These times can vary with traffic conditions.
- Please plan to be at the bus stop at least five minutes before the scheduled departure or arrival time.
- To ensure the safety of our campers:
- For drop off, please park, carefully walk your child to the bus, and check your child in with the Bus Captain. Please do not leave until your camper is checked in with the Bus Captain and boards the bus. For pick up, please park, meet your camper at the bus, sign your camper out with the Bus Captain, and carefully walk your camper to your car. Be sure to sign your child out each day.
- The camp day begins when your camper boards the bus and ends when your camper gets off the bus. It is your responsibility to stay with your camper until he/she boards the bus in the morning and to be there to pick up your camper when the bus returns in the afternoon.
- For the safety of our campers, each camper will be released only to his/her parent/guardian unless the camp has been notified in advance in a signed note of another person who is authorized to pick up the camper. Under no circumstances will a camper be released to an unauthorized adult or to an adult, authorized or not, who by court order is not permitted to pick up the camper.
- To ensure the safety of our campers, there will be a Bus Captain on board the bus at all times. Please talk with your child about the bus rules and let them know that they must respectfully follow all instructions given by the Bus Captain or bus driver.